Liaison: Fire Territory, Water Department, District 4 Council
Term: President since 1991
Robin Brandgard has been a member of the Town Council since January, 1980, serving as Council President since 1991. His areas of responsibility are the Water Department and the Fire Territory. He is retired from Allison Transmission Division, General Motors Corporation. Robin is a 1961 graduate of Plainfield High School and attended Purdue and IUPUI. He and his wife Ginny have two sons, Darrin and David, and a grandson.
Robin has been a member of the Plainfield Plan Commission since 1980 and is also a member of the Plainfield Lions Club, the Hendricks County Economic Development Partnership, the Indiana Association of Cities & Towns, Plainfield Masonic Lodge Number 653, and the Indianapolis Valley Scottish Rite.
Robin's motto for daily living is: Do not worry about things you cannot control. And if you can control things, you should not have to worry about them. He notes this is sometimes easier said than done.
Goals for the Town
Robin's goals for the town are:
- Grow the tax base in order to keep taxes low and still provide the services required
- Keep the business, commercial, and industrial areas separate from the residential areas
- Keep improving upon the quality-of-life programs within the Town, such as the Park System, the Path/Greenways System, the Recreation Center, and Splash Island
- Keep politics and special interests out of the decision making for the Town
- Provide a proactive atmosphere for those having to do business with the Town
- To keep the small town atmosphere with citizens involved