Liaison: Fire Territory, Water Department, District 4 Council
Term: President since 1991
Robin Brandgard has been a member of the Town Council since 1980, serving as Council President since 1992. He is retired from the Allison Transmission Division of General Motors Corporation. He and his wife, Ginny, have two sons and a grandson. Robin has been a member of the Plainfield Plan Commission since 1980 and is also a member of the Plainfield Lions Club, Hendricks County Economic Development Partnership, Plainfield Masonic Lodge #653, and the Indianapolis Valley Scottish Rite.
Robin has been a member of the Plainfield Plan Commission since 1980 and is also a member of the Plainfield Lions Club, the Hendricks County Economic Development Partnership, the Indiana Association of Cities & Towns, Plainfield Masonic Lodge Number 653, and the Indianapolis Valley Scottish Rite.
Robin's motto for daily living is: Do not worry about things you cannot control. And if you can control things, you should not have to worry about them. He notes this is sometimes easier said than done.
Goals for the Town
Robin's goals for the town are:
- Grow the tax base in order to keep taxes low and still provide the services required
- Keep the business, commercial, and industrial areas separate from the residential areas
- Keep improving upon the quality-of-life programs within the Town, such as the Park System, the Path/Greenways System, the Recreation Center, and Splash Island
- Keep politics and special interests out of the decision making for the Town
- Provide a proactive atmosphere for those having to do business with the Town
- To keep the small town atmosphere with citizens involved